Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Three white bodies about to end on ebay...

  1. #1
    JenniferRobin
    Guest JenniferRobin's Avatar

    Post

    At the very least, these dolls look heavily restored to me, and the seller is not representing them as all original, but still...

  2. #2
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Post

    They're old dolls.

    Molly's eye's could have gotten rusty and the owner need to get her doll some replacements.

    Maybe the old wigs just got to thin and fell apart also.

    Like I said they're old dolls. In fact, they could be 20 years old for all we know!!! That's kind of old, don't you think?

  3. #3
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    There are plenty of old dolls that have everything still intact. I think Molly's and Sam's hair seem too dark.

  4. #4
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Post

    Yes, but dolls that get played with more often tend to get a little beat up and need repair every once and a while.

    I'm 100% confident that these aren't counterfeit AG dolls.

  5. #5
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    maybe Sam and Molly have newer PM heads? that could be why they seem to have slightly darker hair? I think they're authentic, just maybe they went to the hospital? They're cute though.

  6. #6
    JenniferRobin
    Guest JenniferRobin's Avatar

    Post

    Oh, I never meant to imply that they were counterfeits! I just thought it was sad that someone was bidding so much for what they probably though were all original white bodies dolls, and they clearly are not. Their wigs, their eyes (especially Molly's, they weren't even the right color and you could clearly see that the irises were way too small. $100 apiece is a lot for dolls that have had that much alteration from their original state, and for all intents, were being represented as original (although seller didn't exactly say that.)

  7. #7
    JenniferRobin
    Guest JenniferRobin's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Felicity_Fan85:
    maybe Sam and Molly have newer PM heads? that could be why they seem to have slightly darker hair? I think they're authentic, just maybe they went to the hospital? They're cute though.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought maybe so too, but Molly's eyes were all wrong. The wigs definitely looked very new and shiny, not at all like they put on the dolls 20 yrs ago. Unfortunately, I think this is just a case of what happens when dolls change hands so many times. Original dolls get sold, damaged, fixed up (by heaven knows who with heaven knows what kind of products or abilities! They're not all as adept as many of our members!) I think we all just need to remember that any given doll for sale on ebay could have been owned by several people before us and no seller can accurately represent the doll because of it's varied and potentially unknown history.

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ March 25, 2006 03:02 PM: Message edited by: JenniferRobin ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member kikilives's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2006
    Posts
    312
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOVE your picture! What a beautiful daughter you have.

  9. #9
    JenniferRobin
    Guest JenniferRobin's Avatar

    Post

    Thank you! She's our little angel! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    JenniferRobin
    Guest JenniferRobin's Avatar

    Post

    Has anyone looked at the pictures of these three white bodied dolls about to end on ebay? (lot of three, Kirsten, Molly, Sam) Molly's eyes are weird, and the hair on all of them looks awful shiny and new. Hmmm...

    <font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ March 25, 2006 01:00 PM: Message edited by: JenniferRobin ]</font></font>

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ March 25, 2006 01:04 PM: Message edited by: JenniferRobin ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •